Monday, August 27, 2012

Family Style

Well - I got distracted by an amazing trip up to Breckenridge for the weekend (congrats Sarah and Luke!!) so I am a little behind on getting this out.  Keep your eyes peeled for another post later this week...then I should be right back on track.

I took a vacation day today and it felt great (it is Wednesday...it takes a few nights in a row to get these posts completely pulled together). I am not sure how most people spend their vacation days but mine included getting up at 5:15 for a little yoga, washing the floor, having a lunch date with my leading lady, Ellie, at Mod Market in Boulder, going shoe shopping for said leading lady, and washing Dozer.  Good stuff all around.  Doesn't sound like much of a vacation day you say?  Well, the fact that I don't have to stress about doing all of those things after working and putting Ellie to bed is enough of a relief for me to call this vacation day a success.

Ellie's new shoes :)

With all that in mind, I have to say that the best part of my day came at around 6:10pm when for the first time, Flick, Ellie, and myself sat down and had dinner together.  We have had plenty of meals where Ellie has been at the table with us, banging around a toy or sleeping in her bouncer, but this was the first dinner where she sat in her high chair at the table and had a mini version of our meal.  It was SO great.  It is hard to beat an awesome meal with your family, out on the back deck on a summer evening.  For me, this meal was the perfect cap to a productive vacation day and gave me a taste of a tradition that I can't wait to get going in the Colorado Flickinger household.  Enjoy the meals this week - we are making some serious headway in getting all those recipes onto the new site!

Grilled Zucchini Caprese Sandwiches


Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi



Maple Mustard Chicken Thighs



Honey Mustard Chicken with Roasted New Potatoes



Meatloaf...remember this guy?


2 comments:

  1. So glad you got a lunch date in with little miss thang. And good work on the yoga! Inspiring...I'll have to try that lemon pepper shrimp, btw. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, getting out of bed is not always the easiest but it is worth it when I am in class...that is a super quick recipe, hope the fam enjoys it!

      Delete